Important Update - March 7, 2014
As the Learning Resources Centre (LRC) continues through the transition process, certain resources that were once available through LRC are now being made available through alternate sources.
Adobe Home Use Program:
- The Adobe Home Use Program is in the process of being transitioned to a third-party provider and is expected to be available by March 14, 2014. A link to this provider will be added to this page when it becomes available.
- Customers who purchased the software through the LRC and want to obtain the latest version will need to re-purchase it through the third-party provider.
- Only school authorities that are participants under the Adobe Enterprise License Agreement can purchase through this third-party provider.
- Participants will need to register and create an account with the third-party provider in order to purchase and download a license key. The use of a school authority email address is required to make a purchase.
- This change in access will continue to provide Alberta school authorities with the latest versions of the software as they become available, along with lower pricing.
An external e-commerce site will be handling sales of the following resources:
- Data booklets for Chemistry 30, Chimie 30 and Science
- Science 20 and 30 textbooks
For detailed information on accessing the following resources, please go to the Q&A document.
- The auditory versions of learning resources for students with perceptual disabilities
- Distance learning and distributed learning courses
- Alberta Fire Code, Alberta Building Code and National Plumbing Code of Canada
- AIT Entrance Exam support materials and ILM Qualification Study packages
- Apprenticeship courses - Individual Learning Modules (ILM)
Access to resources for Services for Students with Visual Impairments (SSVI) and Services for Students with Perceptual Disabilities will continue. Access information through the links on the left of this page.
The LRC catalogue is available for viewing only and provides a consolidated view of the learning resources that schools can access from vendors or other sources.
If you have any questions about these changes, please contact Mike Emery at email@example.com or at 780-427-5321. Dial 310-0000 first for toll-free access in Alberta.
The Student Information Portfolio document is now discontinued. For more information on this document, contact Sandra Shepitka-Boyle at Sandra.Shepitka-Boyle@gov.ab.ca.
Changes to Alberta Education's Learning Resources Centre
Alberta Education's Learning Resources Centre is undergoing a transformation to a new service model supporting students and teachers in the shift to digital learning. Like many education systems around the world, Alberta Education has seen the demand for digital resources grow. The new service model is in line with Inspiring Education's vision for 21st Century learning and is adapting to meet the changing needs of curriculum redesign.
The Learning Resources Centre transition will be complete by March 31, 2014. Alberta Education is exploring ways to support school authorities with their need for best pricing and equitable access to learning resources. The Learning Resources Centre is no longer taking orders for print materials.
A Questions and Answers page provides information on the changes and will be updated as new questions arise. For further information, contact Mike Emery at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 780-427-5321 (Dial 310-0000 first for toll-free access in Alberta).