The Learning Resources Centre, a branch of Alberta Education, is your one-stop source for learning resources. Our online ordering
system is available 24 hours a day, providing a comprehensive range of learning and teaching resources:
- Authorized resources that support the Kindergarten to Grade 12 curriculum
- General learning resources such as maps, atlases, and dictionaries
- Distance Education materials and textbooks
- Audio format resources for students with perceptual disabilities
- Student equipment and resources for Alberta students with visual impairments (library service)
- Selected technology products made available through Education Standing Offers (ESOs) and in partnership with School Technology Branch
The Learning Resources Centre responds to the needs of its customers by ensuring that access to curriculum resources is efficient and affordable. We provide free delivery for orders within Alberta. Programs such as the Early Order Discount (EOD) and the Learning Resources Credit Allocation (LRCA) offer customers the chance to maximize their savings.
The Specialized Services support improving access to learning resources for visually impaired students. The Specialized Services for the Visually Impaired (SSVI) loans schools alternate format learning resources and student equipment for use by these students. Audio resources for students with perceptual disabilities can be ordered from the LRC.
The Provinces of British Columbia and Alberta are working together to make learning resources more accessible in both provinces.
"Excellent Service... Innovative Solutions"
We are dedicated to the efficient and affordable delivery of authorized resources in support of the Kindergarten to Grade 12 curriculum.